Bethany Baptist Church is a family of followers of Jesus Christ whose ultimate desire is to glorify God. Specifically, we seek to do this by discovering and living out God’s purposes for our lives and for our church. Whether you are new to Bethany or have been part of our church family for a while, we believe the following “FIVE P’s” will inform and inspire you to join us in what God is doing at Bethany.
“Connecting our Community to Christ.”
“Leading the lost to the foot of the Cross.”
- Bringing people to new life in Christ and into the membership of his body, the church;
- Building them to Christ-like spiritual maturity;
- Equipping them for their ministry in the church and their life’s mission in the world.
- Biblical Relevance: We value the practical application of God’s authoritative and sufficient Word so that seekers find Christ and believers mature in Him. — 2 Tim. 3:16-17
- Empowered Leadership: We value the function of gifted, qualified leaders God provides. — Rom. 12:8; Heb. 13:17
- Teamwork: We value team ministry, the discovery and use of spiritual gifts, and the priorities of equipping. — 1 Pet. 4:10; Eph. 4:11-13
- Heartfelt Worship: We value a worship environment marked by sensitivity, excellence, and intentional creativity that honors God. —1 Cor. 9:19-23; Mal. 1:6-14; Col. 3:17
- Atmosphere of Love: We value an environment of loving, caring relationships that permeate every aspect of church life. — 1 Cor. 13; John 13:34-35
- Nurturing Discipleship: We value the spiritual development of every believer to maturity and believe that life change happens best in small groups. — Luke 6:12-13; Acts 2:44-47
- Yielded Living: We value dependence on God through prayer, intentional evangelism, sacrificial stewardship, and submission to the Lordship of Jesus Christ. — Col. 1:17-18; 4:2; Gal. 5:25
Bethany’s “2020 Vision” — our specific goals and dreams for accomplishing our Acts 1:8 mandate through the year 2020.
In Acts 1:8, Jesus Christ says, “You will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
As a church, we have received a mandate to reach out to people in our community and throughout the world. We have developed a plan that will allow us to better carry out this mandate, beginning with several goals we hope to achieve by the year 2020.
See more details about our 2020 Vision (PDF document)