To glorify God by imparting the peace of God (שָׁלוֹם) by doing good to all people in our city, so that we display true religion and Connect our Community to Christ.
“And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith.” Galatians 6:9–10 (ESV)
Serving our City Projects:
1. Serve Our City Moments in our church services (October – May)
2. Emphasize Bethany ministries that Serve our City (October – May)
3. Church Wide Spiritual Formation Assessment (January)
4. Remodel youth portable into a First Responders Lounge (October – December)
- New security entry system to provide access
- New floor covering and paint
- New storage cabinets, kitchenette, and work stations
- New furniture and media system
- Blankets, stuffed animals, water and snacks for First Responders
Financial Goal for First Responders Lounge – $20,000
Serving at Bethany
We give out a lot of food here at Bethany to members in need and people from the community. The heaviest use is at the end of the month into the beginning of the next month. That is usually when state/federal assistance runs out and people find themselves without. The following items are the ones needed most often:
- Boxed dinners or sides
- Pasta & Sauce
- Cereal & Granola Bars
- Canned fruit and applesauce
- Rice & Ramen Noodles
- Canned Meats (Tuna/Chicken)
- Hearty Soups and Chili
- Stews & Macaroni and Cheese
- Peanut Butter & Jam
- Paper Products
- Laundry Soap/Dryer Sheets
- Limited storage for fresh/frozen items
Please bring your items to the church and put them under the mail boxes or on the counter in the old kitchen. Thanks!
Building & Grounds
Our building committee is always looking for volunteers to help with projects in and around our building and grounds. If you have some time to give and would like to help with yard maintanence or building maintenance, please contact Dave Caston.
Periodally we have a need to provide meals for those in our church who are ill, recovering or who have just had a baby. We send out what is called a Meal Train. You can go to Mealtrain.com to learn more about how that works. If you are on our church e-mail list, you will automatically be notified when a meal train has been started. Contact the church office if you would be willing to be added to a list of people to call for an emergency meal.
We have a very active and growing Children’s Ministry here at Bethany Baptist! We can always use more hands to help in the Nursery, Sunday School, Children’s Church, MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers), MOMSnext (for Mom’s with Elementary kids) Upward Sports and AWANA. All of our children’s workers must fill out a volunteer application and pass a criminal/sexual background check. To learn more about our Safeguards of Care, please click on the links.